Battle Frontier Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hi am new
Merciless Dragons EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm by levi506

» Grab A Bargain - A New Deal A For You
Merciless Dragons EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:13 am by Dennzil

» Meebo Bar!
Merciless Dragons EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 am by strobi

» Hi, New, Lol...
Merciless Dragons EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 am by ethan06

» New Frozen Member
Merciless Dragons EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 am by Eskelsen

» The power of group buying – Secret behind the success of daily deal websites
Merciless Dragons EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 am by Dennzil

» Avacs Live Chat
Merciless Dragons EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:37 am by not

» im new here
Merciless Dragons EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 am by ethan06

» if your new come here
Merciless Dragons EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:33 am by ethan06

Donate to us!

Merciless Dragons

5 posters

Go down

Merciless Dragons Empty Merciless Dragons

Post by Cobthecobbler Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:53 am

Merciless Dragons MD

In battles, my old team didn't fare well against most Ice Pokemon, nor did it have very high defenses or speed, and was often Out-sped and otherwise OHKO'd.
Three Pokemon on that team, however, fared pretty well against others and offered great offense, defense, and support. Those Pokemon were Kingdra, Breloom, and Skarmory. Kingdra, in rain dance, swept the floor with nothing but a flick of it's nose, so to speak. The only problem I had were other dragon attacks, and a Max Special Attack Porygon-Z with Tri Attack. Breloom, using a Spore Punch combo, swept the floor with Slaking, among other Pokemon who Focus Punch hits hard on. Along with Seed Bomb for STAB, bringing down Water Types, and Stone Edge, for nasty flying types who pose a great threat against Breloom, Breloom proved to be an excellent and very important addition to my team. The Third Pokemon was Skarmory. Using a Torment/Roar Stealth Rock Combo, it provided amazing support for my team. Stealth Rock gave me some OHKO's I was unable to get without it. Roar helped me scout through my opponents team, while dealing damage without lifting a finger. Torment, for when I was stuck on a Pokemon I could beat down with Steel Wing, annoyed the opponent, while making my sweep easier.
With those three Pokemon in mind, I have chosen to add two of them to my new team. Skarmory was important, and he will be used from time to time in lieu of another Pokemon, but not as the main Pokemon for this team.
This team is centered around two Pokemon: Salamence, and Kingdra.
We all know Salamence as one of the best sweepers OU can offer, because of it's great stats and typing. As such, Kingdra is another great addition to this team, because of it's resistances, power, speed in the rain, and it's only weakness, Dragon.
Let's go over these Pokemon. Things will become more clear in a little bit.

Merciless Dragons 373
Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature | 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Rush
-Earthquake
-Roost

Dragon Dance is a must, as it raises Salamence's two best stats. I prefer Dragon Rush over Outrage and Dragon claw, being as it has a power of 100 and a 20% Flinch ratio. (I don't understand why Smogon doesn't recommend this in a physical set, it's a lot better than Dragon Claw, and Outrage locks you in, AND confuses you...) Earthquake takes care of grounded steels, mainly Heatran and Metagross, and Roost is used to recover battle damage and life orb damage.

Merciless Dragons 230
Kingdra @ Life orb
Naughty Natured | 252 Attack / 240 Special Attack / 16 Speed | Swift Swim
-Draco Meteor
-Waterfall
-Hydro Pump
-Rain Dance

Well, Rain Dance is an obvious choice for this set, seeing that it has Swift Swim. Waterfall being it's main STAB Attack, it does incredible damage against Pokemon who don't resist it. Hydro Pump is for Physically Defensive Pokemon, and Draco Meteor provides exceptional STAB against other Dragons. This set is used to sweep, and boy, does it sweep.

Merciless Dragons 286
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Natured | 48 HP / 252 Attack / 208 Speed | Poison Heal
-Spore
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Stone Edge

This set utilizes Brelooms amazing attack stat, and it's ability to re-gain 1/8 of it's health each turn by being Poisoned. It is also Brelooms trademark moveset. This set uses Spore and Focus Punch to rid myself of Empoleon, which can pose a threat to Kingdra. It also uses Seed bomb to get rid of Milotic, Vaporeon and Suicune, while using Stone Edge to destroy Ludicolo, which all can, in the long run, destroy Kingdra.

Merciless Dragons 141
Kabutops @ Damp Rock
Adamant Natured | 72 HP / 252 Attack / 184 Speed | Swift Swim
-Rain Dance
-Aqua Tail
-X-Scissor
-Stealth Rock

Kabutops can set up Rain Dance, or benefit from Kingdras Rain Dance, with Swift swim, plus an extra boost for Aqua Tail. Using a damp rock, Rain Dance is granted 3 extra turns, which can come in handy in case Kabutops faints, giving Kingdra the benefit of Rain Dance and not having to set it up. X-Scissor gives me great type coverage, while Stealth Rock grants me OHKO's I could not achieve otherwise. Aqua Tail is a threat to the opponent, with STAB, heavy investment in Attack, and Rain Dance, if up.

Merciless Dragons 462
Magnezone @ Leftovers
Timid Natured | 40 HP / 252 Special Attack / 216 Speed | Magnet Pull
-Substitute [Subject to Change]
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ground
-Magnet Rise

This Magnezone is purely for destroying Steel types that could become a problem for my Salamence, mainly Skarmory. Substitute prevents the Steel Pokemon from hurting me, so that I can effectively dispose of it. Thunderbolt is there for Skarmory, where Hidden Power is there for every other steel type Pokemon. (Again, I don't know why Smogon recommends Grass or Fire Hidden Power in this set, fire doesn't do much against Heatran, and Ground 2x's or 4x's just about all other Steel types except Skarmory.) Magnet Rise prevents Earthquake from supereffecting me, so that it can easily stay in the battle.

Merciless Dragons 121
Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Natured. | 136 HP / 156 Defense / 216 Speed | Natural Cure
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

This Starmie covers both of my Dragons by ridding them of entry hazards that could cripple them, mainly Salamence. It also uses Ice Beam to get rid of opposing (And faster) Dragons. Ice beam and Thunderbolt are there to cripple any foe for early Rapid Spinning, and Recover is used, with a high speed stat, to recover health before any more health is lost.

Team Building Process:
Merciless Dragons Dpiconani373Merciless Dragons Dpiconani230
These Pokemon were what I started with.

Merciless Dragons Dpiconani373Merciless Dragons Dpiconani230Merciless Dragons Dpiconani462
Magnezone is an excellent pair with Salamence, being as it traps and destroys any steel type that can cripple Salamence's sweeping.

Merciless Dragons Dpiconani373Merciless Dragons Dpiconani230Merciless Dragons Dpiconani462Merciless Dragons Dpiconani121
Starmie, being Starmie, can Rapid Spin entry hazards, mainly Stealth Rock, that deal a good amount of HP from my Salamence (And Kingdra) and weaken Salamence.

Merciless Dragons Dpiconani373Merciless Dragons Dpiconani230Merciless Dragons Dpiconani462Merciless Dragons Dpiconani121Merciless Dragons Dpiconani286
Breloom has always partnered up with my Kingdra very well, destroying anything that poses a threat against it.

Merciless Dragons Dpiconani373Merciless Dragons Dpiconani230Merciless Dragons Dpiconani462Merciless Dragons Dpiconani121Merciless Dragons Dpiconani286Merciless Dragons Dpiconani141
Kabutops gains a speed boost in the Rain, which means it's ideal to be on a team with a Kingdra, and with that blinding speed, combined with massive attack and typing to clear the path of Pokemon that could destroy my Kingdra, make it a valuable asset to my team.

Please feel free to post and rate, critique and criticize this team.

Last edited by Cobthecobbler on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

BP : 6083

https://battlefrontier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Merciless Dragons Empty Re: Merciless Dragons

Post by ethan06 Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 am

Salamence is never really a good lead. Try giving Kabutops a Focus Sash and Stealth Rock and put it in the lead to get up Rain and Rocks. That way, you can sweep right from the get-go, and give it Aqua Jet over Aqua Tail to 2HKO Aerodactyl before it gets Rocks up.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

BP : 5698

Back to top Go down

Post by Escaped Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:13 am

@Ethan- I don't know, Aqua Jet is more of a revenge killing thing. Also I would find Kabutops already fast (pretty sure he could outspeed a weavile).

Also damp rock on Kabutops is not really putting him at his full potential.

PS. People from Smogon are afraid of 75% accuracy attacks, that's why they didn't recommend Dragon Rush.
Escaped
Roughneck
Roughneck

BP : 5431

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:58 am

@Ethan, That's a good point. But I don't think a Focus Sash would be very useful, being if I'm going to be sweeping a little bit with it, it's going to take residual damage, and most likely not going to be OHKO'd by anything except Grass. Also, Aqua Jet is only good because it has priority, it's power though is something to be desired and Aqua Tail is the clear choice for something with a base 115 Attack stat.
@Escapee, Damp Rock was hard to decide on, but I figured, If I switch from Kabutops to Kingdra, and Kingdra has to set up Rain Dance, from the switch he's taking damage, and, most likely, before Rain Dance, he's taking damage, plus Life Orb damage, it's not going to survive at all. So I need any chance I can get for that not to happen.
And I see your point about Dragon Rush, but I'm gonna keep it since it shouldn't be too much of a problem. :3
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:15 am

Why have Rain Dance on Kingdra at all then if you're just going to use Kabutops to set it up?
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5260

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 am

Rain isn't going to last forever, and a Rain Dance team can never have too many Rain Dancers (except in Ubers).
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Yep, you can never have too many Rain Dances.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quail Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm thinking X-Scissor might be better for Kabutops rather than Brick Break, considering you only have one Grass counter, which is Ice Beam on Starmie.

X-Scissor will also cover Dark, as Brick Break does. You already have Focus Punch on Breloom anyway. Not to mention you have no counters for the commonly seen Psychic types.
Quail
Quail
Psychic
Psychic

BP : 5260

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 pm

I might actually do that. Not having A Bug attack was what crippled my team last time, so Alright.

Last edited by Cobthecobbler on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ethan06 Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:15 am

Hidden Power [Fire] Magnezone is the best Scizor counter in the game. It would also stop you from a Scizor sweep again (I'm assuming it was Scizor as it's standard Choice Band set can everything on your team super-effectively...).

Bullet Punch hits Salamence, Kabutops and Breloom fairly hard.
U-Turn hits Breloom and Starmie.
Superpower hits Kabutops and Magnezone.
Pursuit revenges all but Magnezone and Breloom.
ethan06
ethan06
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobthecobbler Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 am

Now, I see what you're saying, and yes, I considered this, before, too, but the thing that got me was U-Turn, it's the one way, other than Baton Pass, to escape Magnet Pull. Chances are Magnezones not going to be fast enough to pull off a Hidden Power Fire before it uses U-Turn, in which case, I'm screwed.
Cobthecobbler
Cobthecobbler
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PureInsanity13 Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:51 pm

i think its a pretty good team!! Cool
PureInsanity13
PureInsanity13